Ofsted Report 2017
To access our Latest Ofsted Report, please click here
Double Challenge Day at Five Elms – Enabling Enterprise Education
Children at Five Elms have been developing their core enterprise skills . They have been doing this not only in Lesson-Time Projects in school, but also on business trips to top employers across London, for example at shopping centre Westfield last term, or property developers JLL next term. This week, the school took the opportunity to stretch their students’ Problem Solving skills, Working in a Team and Using Imagination as they took on another double challenge!
Change Makers: Food Drive
- Five Elms Primary School's Change Makers hosted a week long Food Drive on March 6th to 10th
- The Change Makers club has learned about hunger in the local borough but also around the world
- The Change Makers hosted assemblies throughout the week to educate classmates about hunger around the world and in Dagenham
- Students across the school brought in canned food goods
- All canned foods were donated to the local Dagenham Food Bank
- Together, the school raised over 1050 canned food goods.
- Five Elms Primary School's Reading Gladiators join won a national reading competition
- The Reading Gladiators are participating in a year long reading initiative run by Just Imagine
- Competitions are held monthly and they have to do with the book being read that month
- Five Elms' Gladiators had to choose a poem from Michael Rosen's A-Z: The Best Children's Poetry from Agard to Zephaniah rehearsed the poem I De Rap Guy by BENJAMIN ZEPHANIAH
20 schools from across the country entered and we tied for first place!
Safer Internet Day 2017
To view our Internet Safety Day Parent and pupil workshop videos and pupils voice survey results click here.
For the lastest information on Barking and Dagenham schools status you can go to the LBBD website here
School Menu 2016-17: Click here
Five Elms Parent E-Safety Survey
Helping children to gain the skills needed to stay safe online is very important to us in school. We would be grateful if parents would complete this short survey to tell us about how your children are using the Internet at home. If you have any worries or concerns about eSafety, please refer to the E-Safety page.
Click the image icon to go to the survey.